technical blog Headline Animator

Monday, December 14, 2009

Used BMW - Buying a 1 Series

I can happily admit it - I am a BMW fan. I have always been one, from the fabulously 90's cars that were always around in my home town right through to the Z3 when I was a teenage, and more recently the Z4 Coupe, which has propelled BMW into the car fashion books. Of course, I am not a teenager any longer, and as such I think the time has come to think about getting a more sensible BMW to drive me around, and to replace my batter old 90's hatchback!
When I started looking, my first inclination was towards something fancy like a 3 Series Saloon, or even a 5 series if I could scrape together the cash. I was buying a used BMW, not a new one, so I used that as an excuse in my head for opting for some of BMWs more dramatic models. I also used it as a bit of an excuse to take some of the saloons on numerous test drives, and to find out what they felt like!
Whilst the delicious 5 Series was probably a little bit over-the-top for my rather minimal driving needs, as well as to mention so powerful that I would no doubt be unable to deal with it, the 3 Series suited me down to the ground. I loved the interiors even on the slightly older used models, with sumptuous leather and a surprisingly low level of wear and tear. I think people care about their cars, and a BMW is enough of a prestige status symbol to make people really take the care to look after them inside and out.
When I was driving around in the 3 Series saloon, I really enjoyed the energy it gave out. After all, I wasn't driving the base model, and instead had opted for a 320d SE, a model that gave me power and the diesel drive that I have always preferred to petrol, no matter what people tell me I ought to think!
Of course, when it came down to it the Saloons were w little out of my price range - and the lovely Coupes were as well. After all, it is quite a jump going from a beat up tin can to a pimped out BMW! Instead, I opted for the stunning 1 Series Hatchback, which I maintain is the best looking small car on the market, even eating the stylish Audi A3 and every single Alfa Romeo! Thankfully I also felt really at home in my little used BMW 1 Series, perhaps it simply wasn't too far from the tiny cabin I was used to - essentially it was a little hatchback that gave me a decent upgrade in the room department.

No comments:

Post a Comment